Procedure for IPIC Application, Processing and Filing
Proposing faculty should submit two printed copies of the Disclosure form to the IPIC:
- “Proposal for Filing Indian Patent” (Downloadable from IPIC website of the Institute: https://nitrkl.ac.in/Research/IPIC_Forms)
Appropriate IPO forms for patent/design/copyright filing (Downloadable from IPIC website of the Institute:
- For example, a product or process patent filing will require Form – 1, Form – 2, Form – 3, Form – 9 and Form – 18
Please read the “Guidelines for Filling Forms” before filling the Form - 2. A sample copy of Form – 2
can also be downloaded from the website.
Proposing faculty should also send two printed copies of the above documents to the Chairperson, IPIC.
IPIC assigns a number to the “IP Application” and forward the application to members of the IPIC Cell.
IPIC Cell meeting is convened within 5 days every week to discuss of receiving the proposal received.
Proposal is evaluated by the IPIC committee as per the attached flow chart.
Recommended proposals are examined by the Chairman, IPIC and a letter of approval is communicated to the proposer.
Proposing faculty of approved applications files the patent in the IPO Office. They may apply,
As of September 2016, following drafts may be required for a product/process patent filing;
- Form – 1 (Application Form) : Rs. 8800/-
- Form – 2 (Specification of the Patent) : Nil
- Form – 3 (Undertaking under Section 8) : Nil
- Form – 5 (Declaration as to Inventorship) : Nil
- Form – 9 (Request for Publication) : 13,750/-
- Form – 18 (Request for Examination) : 22,000/-
While claiming the reimbursement / settling the expenditures to SRICC office, the document file should be routed through the IPR Cell.
Copies of the proof of patent/design/copyright filing, issued by the Patent Office/Copyright Board, should be enclosed along with the document
file and sent to AR (CN).
Process from Disclosure to Filing a Patent
Follow up for Inventors
- Once your patent is filed, please submit a copy to IPIC.
- Once your patent is published, please inform IPIC.
- Check for FER every month from the IP India website.
- Once patent gets granted inform IPIC and submits a copy of grant certificate.
- Please inform IPIC for renewal of your patent.
- Please make your patent commercialized.
- For tech transfer or licencing of your patent inform IPIC and submit tech transfer/licencing document to IPIC for processing.
- In case of unethical use of your paatented invention, please inform IPIC immediately.